Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Notes from Our Nation’s Capitol


I’m in Washington DC as I type this. But from my luxurious bed at the Holiday Inn, the only thing that differentiates tonight from any other Saturday night is that I have the heat cranked up and 10 extra blankets around me. Oh, and I’m not crying into a quart of ice cream.


It’s so freakin’ freezing. And I don’t want to hear anything from my kin back in Iowa, saying how I’ve gone soft since moving to Callie-fornia. I know I have. I know that when it gets below 54 degrees I put on long johns and pull out my 5-inch thick sweater. But this cold is ridiculous. And the wind is blowing at about 50 miles an hour, and it’s so loud you can literally feel it beating against the window.


My hat goes off to George Washington and all the other dudes who were able to survive the winters here. I walked across the open tundra between the Washington Monument and the White House and froze my nuts off. For real, I don’t have nuts!


But I bet Washington didn’t buy 5 t-shirts for $10 today. I did!


I have many exciting stories to report, but I know how short attention spans are (mine included) so I’ll break them up.


Ciao!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home