Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

You Picked a Fine Time to Leave me Lucille


This website reminded me of my friend Liz’s first visit out to California. We were driving down Sunset Boulevard. Liz was determined to find a celebrity. Out of the blue she yells “There’s Kenny Rogers in that red Porsche!”

I looked, and the guy had the required white hair and beard, but I wasn’t sure. Liz was adamant, and like any tourists, we gave chase.


We drove all the way down Sunset Blvd. through Beverly Hills and up this long, twisting, turning road. I was driving like a maniac to keep up with the red Porsche and the Gambler. We ended up at this strip mall and circling the lot a few times before we spotted the Porsche in front of a pharmacy. As we walked into the Pharmacy he was walking out.

Upon further inspection the guy looked less like Kenny Rogers and more like a cross between Santa Claus and Uncle Jessie from The Dukes of Hazzard.

But I think Liz still counts it as a star sighting.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you SEEN Kenny Rogers lately? Even HE doesn't look like Kenny Rogers!! I happened to catch him on the tube last night and I wouldn't have recognized him if he hadn't been identified.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home