Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

I Needed Another Distraction

My good buddy Hugh bought me The Sims Deluxe Edition for Christmas. I have never played this type of game before; the last game I think I played was Super Mario Bros.

I waited ‘til last night to actually install it on my PC. It was around 7 p.m. and I didn’t have the energy to do anything else. Cut to 3 a.m. and I was still playing it!


The game is utterly ridiculous and monotonous and tedious. Just like real life. The first family I set up was a mom with two daughters. That was a mistake. One income and three mouths to feed on a cadet’s salary, no way! I couldn’t afford a phone, which might have helped when the mom CAUGHT ON FIRE WHILE COOKING DINNER! I had no way to put her out, or call for help and all the kids did was scream until the Grim Reaper showed up and took the mom. Then all I had was two screaming kids that can’t even order a pizza ‘cause there is no food and the fire is still burning in the kitchen.


Just like real life I turned them off and went to bed.


I hope to have more luck with my next family

2 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Seriously, she caught on fire? What the heck? What's the rating on this game?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home