Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Howard vs Adam

So I’ve spent the last three days listening to Howard Stern’s replacement on 97.1, Adam Carolla.

Let me start by saying I am an Adam Carolla fan. He was hi-larious on Loveline (the show blows without him now) and was always funny as a guest on Stern or Conway and Steckler.

But I’m not digging on the set up of his new show. I guess I shouldn’t have expected Adam to be in a room by himself talking into a microphone for four hours, but the “morning zoo” like atmosphere is obnoxious.

  • First of all, the chick they have doing the news is a dimwit. I’m sure it’s sour grapes on my part, but was it really necessary to make a former Miss Hawaiian Tropics the news person? Radio is for the talented and ugly, not the fabulously gorgeous and vapid. And she must not put any effort into gathering the news, as the stuff she talks about is old, or completely inaccurate.
  • Secondly, the guy they have doing sports is a clone of Adam’s. It’s as though Jimmy Kimmel created him in his basement laboratory. He has the same inflection and cadence as Adam, and often uses the same phrases.
  • And finally, two words that make me hate this show, “Big Tad.” Big Tad was the perennial intern on Kevin & Bean’s morning show on KROQ forever. He was just such a waste of space. And loud. And not funny.

Howard starts on Sirius on Monday. I don’t have it, but the guy who sits next to me at the office does..and I can pick it up on my headphones. Sorry Adam, but I gotta. Don’t be sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home