Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Monday, January 02, 2006

It Rained on Our Parade

Cousin Julie remarked on her blog about how she felt sorry for those who attended the Rose Parade today and were soaked in “Storm Watch 2006!!!”

You know what I say to that? Bah Humbug! (A big late, but applicable in this case.)

Year after year people from the cold states watch the Rose Bowl in January and ask themselves “what the hell am I doing freezing my nuts off in (insert cold state here) when I can be out in California where the sun is shining and people are walking around in crocs!”

This is just the impression that has brought so many people out here. (Not including me, I was forced out of my home state and had to take refugee status out here. I’m a political prisoner.)

The sun is great, but I’d rather have it be rainy and be able to drive down the 405 going faster than 15 mph!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Lucky you! You can drive on the 405 going 15 MPH? How do you rate so special?
    Hmmfph!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home