Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Two of Every Kind on My Boat

The recent rains in Southern California have managed to leave their mark on my bedroom window. When I came home from work last night the first thing I heard was, “drip…drip…drip.” I’m no Inspector Gadget but I knew exactly what that was. The association manager had gone home for the day so I just laid down the towels and relocated my Tupperware to the window sill.

I attempted to sleep in my bedroom, but again the “drip…drip…drip” was too much an annoyance. I folded out my couch and attempted to sleep. I may have gotten 3 hours of sleep.

I spent most of the morning hunting down the association manager, then the property manager and finally members of my condo association. I finally got word that they were going to have a roofer come out and take a look. That’s the last I heard.

The first thing I heard when I got home tonight was “drip…drip…drip.”

Now it seems to be worse than it was this morning. I’m going to make some phone calls tomorrow and if I don’t get the answers I want I’m going to lay down a hurt on my condo board. I may have to bring out the Purse squad.

Well, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to fold out my couch and cry myself to sleep.

Owning a home sucks ass.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home