Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I Am Not Roger Ebert

I saw Oceans Twelve tonight. A movie on a school night? The scandal!

It was pretty good. Not as good as the original, but a nice way to spend a couple hours. My buddy Hugh and I went to the Pacific Theater 9 in Lakewood. We were two of four people in the audience for the 5:55 p.m. showing. The guy who sold us our tickets also ran the concession stand and took our tickets before we went in. It was that busy!

But seriously folks, it was an ok movie, but you can probably wait ‘til it’s on video if you really want to save your duckets for Fat Albert, hey, hey, hey, coming your way, Christmas Day.

I heard someone say to make sure not to pay too much attention to the plot; otherwise you’ll get one of those horrible ice cream headaches. I’m glad I took the guy’s advice. The plot was a little “Say what??” for my taste, and some parts were a little too, “whatever!” and “as if!” But Brad Pitt is just so terribly charming that you just let it slide.

My friend Hugh agreed that the movie seemed like it was trying a bit too hard to be clever and that the main cast was all “look at us doing our charming thief thing we do, cha-cha-cha.”

I can’t believe I gave a movie review in my blog. How pedestrian. I’ll think of something comedy related to rant about tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home