Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Update: Paper Delivered, Anger Grows

Mark the time, 11:44 a.m. and my paper has finally been delivered. Pedro (not Jose as I had thought) showed up. He left the paper at the front entrance. I went down to retrieve my paper, FINALLY. What I found interesting was that only my paper was there. What about the 10 or 11 other people in my building who also subscribe to the Times? Did they not raise a fuss? Do they just NOT get a paper because Pedro’s truck broke down?

What I’ve learned is that it true, what Plato said, the squeaky wheel does get the grease. Now, I’ve never been one to lay down when I see injustice. Usually I witness it, then call someone and complain about it. Ask my 7Eleven buddy Hugh, he will attest to that. The 7Eleven in Torrance dared changed out the cherry squishy mix with watermelon. Hello, how can I have a cherry coke squishy with watermelon? That’s disgusting. I called the customer service number on my squishy cup. The next day, my cherry squishy was back. That’s power.

But now I’m going to become even more vocal. When I don’t receive prompt, courteous service, not matter where I am, I will let people know about it. Wherever I see my needs not fully met by people of the food service or retail industry, I will stand up and shout, “I’m annoyed as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!”

Now, I must get to my coupons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home