Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Side Effects May Include Giddiness

I arose from my Bed of Sick (formerly known as “The Place Where Dreams Are Made“) to go to the grocery store. I probably shouldn’t have been driving, but I was out of milk, and though my haze of sickness, the one thing I knew I needed was milk.

I got my milk and saw that Vons had English muffins on sale for a buck. What a deal! I went through the check-out, started walking towards the door then realized I was charged $2.50 for those dollar English muffins.


I walked over to Customer Service and slurred something to the guy behind the counter about how I must have misread the label and that I just wanted to return the $2.50 muffins, go home and pass out. I was not in the mental place to argue or raise a fuss, as I usually would have. Any other day and I probably would have made the guy follow me back to the English muffin aisle and shown him the sign that said “English muffins for a buck.”


But instead of giving me a refund, Customer Service guy was all “I’ll give you the difference,” and he handed me a buck-fiddy. I was shocked. I had never had such a breezy exchange with a customer service person in-my-life.


It was so magical, I’m starting to wonder if it even really happened. Perhaps it was a result of my mixing Tylenol Cold and Flu with Gatorade.


But if it was a dream, where did that $1.50 come from??? Where?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home