Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Dinner Time

I supped last eve with a good friend of mine. He’s recently “out of the closet” so I can’t reveal his name as he’s somehow certain that his Rush Limbaugh-loving, flag draped father, whom I’ve never met, will come across my blog and learn the truth about his baby boy.

I guess stranger things have happened.

The whole evening was interesting. It was like having dinner with a 15 year-old girl. All he could talk about was his new fella and how wonderful he is. Everything we talked about would somehow relate to this guy. Here’s a perfect example- when we exchanged holiday gifts:

Recently Out Friend: (opens gift 1) An Itunes gift card? This is great, there’s a lot of music I want to introduce New Boy-toy to!

ROF: (opens gift 2) A rice cooker? New Boy-toy loves cooking. Did I mention that he has a refrigerator AND a stove in his apartment. I was there last night you know.

ROF: (opens gift 3) A t-shirt? I’ll wear it while I’m out on a date with my new boyfriend. It will look great on his bedroom floor.

And so it went. I don’t begrudge him this time though. He’s extremely happy and it’s a new look for him. I just hope the newness will wear off soon so we can go back to talking about more interesting subjects. Namely ME!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    You can't tell me that you didn't get all "girly squee" about your new boy toy to ROF. Isn't it great to have so much in common?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home