Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Something's Blowing In the Wind

So Danny Bonaduce is going to be a regular on the Adam Carolla show on 97.1 starting January 2.

I’m not sure how I feel about this.


On one hand, I really liked Danny when he was on Star 98.7 with that skank Jamie. He was really good at reeling her in when she’d start her diarrhea of the mouth.


My worry is that he’s a very strong personality. I don’t see him playing the ‘second banana’ to Adam. And Adam doesn’t like being quiet. He’ll interrupt himself, he talks so much.


On the other hand, with the addition of Danny, they’ve also gotten rid of the two tons of dead weight- the producer
Jim Brusca, and the human leach Fat Tad. Tad’s annoyed me since his days on the Kevin and Bean show.

I will miss Dave
Dameshek, the sports guy. While I never paid attention to the spots, and was annoyed at how much Dave sounded like Adam, I grew to enjoy him and his offhanded comments.

I think a better choice than Danny Bonaduce would have been DAG (David Allen Greer). That guy is hella-funny. I used to think he was obnoxious, but -like Homer Simpson, I've learned to appreciate him.

Fortunately
Teresa Strasser was spared the ax. I think she’s terrific. She really holds her own with the guys and her witty remarks really make the show.

I’m not entirely sure why I’m blogging about this. I think it’s ‘cause this show is a pretty big part of my life. I listen to it every morning at the gym and at work. If you think about it, I spend about four hours of my day with these people.


How sad is that? (Rhetorical question, thank you very much.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home