Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I See Poor People

I made the number one mistake in shopping this evening: I went to Wal-Mart. Gawd that place sucks the big one. Even the parking lot is shitty.

But it was closer than Target and I was on a mission for a cheap sewing machine to mend all my workout pants. For some reason I’m always ripping them at the inseam. Am I sharing too much?

But I digress. Wal-Mart is just foul. The people that shop there; the people that work there; the merchandise. It seems more like a third world country than a shopping establishment. I felt overdressed in there and I had just come from my ‘Jump, Pump "N" Jab' class at the Long Beach Parks and Recs Center. I was wearing my grossest workout gear and covered in dried sweat and shame.

It was so awful in there that I had hoped to see some humanitarian aid come in and take care of the huddled masses around the automotive section. Where’s Wal-Mart’s Live Aid! Apparently they don’t take all the money they aren’t paying their employees and put it back into the actual physical building. And their products are pretty crappy. I have no faith that the $12.95 I threw down for the Wal-Mart-brand, pink, mini sewing machine will work.

But at least I didn’t get diphtheria. or The Hep. At least I hope I didn't...

To Be Continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home