Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Craig's List Blows

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Craig's List. I've decided it's just a hang out for flakes and weirdos.

The most recent experience: Trying to sell my stinkin' fridge.

It's a perfectly good fridge that I bought in 2003 when I moved into my condo. The only reason I'm even selling it is 'cause I have a new one I bought for the new place I moved into, then moved out of a short two months later. Now I have two fridges. So I put it up on Craig's List, asking a paltry $150, and I got several inquirers, but when it came to them coming to see it, they disappeared. Then the one chick I actually thought was going to come through and buy it, 'called asking if there "were glass shelves...'cause the wire shelves might be a problem if there is spillage...." WTF? It's a $150 fridge in perfectly good condition. What the fuck do you want? So she flaked too.

I've had other bad experiences. When it came to looking for said apartment, trying to find renters for my condo, trying to find a fridge for MY new place I kept coming across people who wouldn't reply to my e-mail or voicemail, and the ones that did were complete assholes.

My company's had bad experiences with Craig's List too. They put up help wanted ads that have brought in the freakest freaks that have ever freaked.

I can't believe anyone else had any better experience with this stupid ass site. Yet every time I mention buying, selling or looking for anything, people are constantly asking me "Have you tried Craig's List?" In the future, my answer to this question will always be "Hell no, Craig's List can suck my ass." And it can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home