Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

You Win Corporate America

I'm going to have to break down and get cable. This only-one-channel-coming-in-and-it's -the-stinkin'-CW has got to end. I just watched two episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond, back to back. Can't do it, can't.**

"But you don't have to watch television at home," interjects Co-worker Bill. To that I cock my head and give a confused look and say "Wha??? No watchy t.v.?" What else is there in life but the sweet, sweet glow of the square tube?


And I have gotten my ex to give me his smaller, yet completely functioning, television before he jets off to New York. I just explained to him that giving me his t.v. so that I have TWO in a one-bedroom apartment, makes more sense than to give it to Goodwill. Totally makes sense to me.


So I'll wait to get cable so they can set it up in both my bedroom and livingroom (no, I'm not Paris Hilton or one of the Rockefellers). Then the party really begins.


I may never leave the house again.




**Although I did watch part of an old episode of According to Jim and found it quite clever. Good for you little brother of John.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    I'm seriously doubting that having cable is the thing that will keep you from leaving the house. I mean, you watched CW...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home