Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The View from My Office


So Friday morning I'm sitting at my desk typing away and in comes a fireman followed by our HR guy. He walks right up to us and I have to do a quck, mental check of any fires I may have forgotten about starting. Arson isn't my M.O. though.

He asks if any of us have smelled anything or felt sick. He explains that they had to evacuate the ground floor due to some toxic fumes.* (My office is on the fourth floor.)

None of us had noticed any smells and I didn't feel any worse than I normally did-sitting in my cage waiting for them to unlock the gate and let me fly away for the weekend.

The fireman starts to leave and I ask "so do we need to leave?" He looked at our HR guy and said, "Probably not,” then walked out.

Probably not? You evacuate an entire floor because of the toxic fumes but the rest of us can keep on typing? Nice. So in ten years when I end up giving birth to a 20lb tumor I can go back to this blog and remember where it was conceived.

*Apparently the cause of the fumes was the adhesive used to put the new tiles in the first floor bathrooms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home