Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Ding Dong, The Witch is Dead

I may have mentioned my feelings towards Horatio Sanz in the past. Please don’t think I make these claims about his awful acting, ungawdly comic timing and inability to stay in character in ANY scene he is in lightly. It’s from seasons and seasons of watching him make any sketch he is in worse. Instead of being able to watch Maya Rudolph work a scene as Donatella Versace or Darrell Hammond do a dead-on Sean Connery, I always have to worry that Fat Man* is going to walk into the scene and suck it up.

When he started hosting Weekend Update in place of Tina Fey, I again tried to give him the benefit. Two jokes into it and I was throwing things at my TV. My poor television.

Luckily Tina Fey will be back tonight and taking back her anchor desk. My only hope is that they not only kick Horatio Sanz off Weekend Update, but that the continue to kick him off…the show…off New York…off the continent…off the planet….you get my drift.

Welcome Back Tina! Never get knocked up again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home