Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Working It

My work friends don’t understand why I insist on working out in the morning before work. “That’s soooo early, how can you get up thaaaaat early?”

Please, it’s way easier to get up an extra hour early than to attempt to go after work and navigate past the skeevy sweaty guys who hog the free weights, the overly developed dudes who only work out their upper body and leave their legs and thighs looking like twigs, and the smelly, overweight single moms who sweat all over the leg machines.

I much rather work out with the geezers who stand around one machine all morning flirting one another in a terribly sad and pathetic way, at least they don’t get in my way.

Of course tonight I had to break my routine and work out in the evening. It was even worse than usual, ‘cause the New Year’s resolution crowd was in there taking up valuable real estate. I know it’s just a matter of time ‘til they give up and give me my gym back. Give it back to me, the skeeves, the muscle heads, chunky moms and geezers. I hope they all have weak wills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home