Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

An Open Letter to Friday

Dear Friday,

Why does it take you so long to get here? Each week it seems like it takes you longer and longer to show up.

Yet that butthole cousin of yours, Monday, has no problem knocking on my door to say "I'm here bitch, time to pull out your uncomfortable work pants!"

Everyone says that as you get older, time speeds up. I feel that. It seems like just yesterday it was 2003. Interestingly, that's how long ago it feels since I've seen you.

But whatever Friday. I know you're busy and all. It would just be nice if you came by more often- maybe stayed longer than a day before skippin' town and leaving me to hang out with Saturday and Sunday. They're cool guys and all, but they often expect me to do shit I didn't bother to do during the week- like laundry and drinking.

I guess I'll see you sometime tomorrow morning. Just think about what I wrote. Please?

Thanks,

-Leana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home