Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

This is NOT going in the brochure

I read this interesting article on Yahoo! News today. It states that Native American women and women in Alaska have a 1 in 3 chance of being raped and are 2.5 times more likely to be raped than women in the rest of the country. It also calls Alaska the “Rape Capital of the United States.”

The only part of the article I found trouble with was the report they cited from Amnesty which is titled "Maze of Injustice.”

Come on! Really? Maze? That’s weak. I came up with a couple titles of my own. They are at least as good as what Amnesty came up with. Feel free to send along some of your own.

“Dream Catchers or Nightmare Throwers?”
“Moccasins and the Morning-After Pill”
“Tomahawk of Truth”
“Dances with Rapists”
“Don’t Live in Alaska, it’s Cold and You’ll Get Raped”

1 Comments:

  • At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, MAZE . I was thinking MAIZE , like in corn. Now, I get it...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home