Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Leana’s Weekend Wrap Up

It’s been awhile since I wrote up one of these. Probably ‘cause it’s been awhile since I had an exciting weekend to write about.

  • Facilitated the adoption of a wayward cat: One of the lady’s in my office was trying to find a home for her sister-in-law’s cat. She’d been asking around and had gotten no takers. I e-mailed my buddy Hugh, who’s been talking about wanting to get a cat for a year but has yet to sack up (as my grandma would say.) After several anxious e-mails back and forth, Hugh and the cat were united and they walked off into the sunset together. I don’t want to say I’m a hero, but I guess if you had to give me a title, Angel, would do.
  • Walked 16 miles: I know I already blogged about it, but I don’t know if you truly understand how far 16 miles is. It’s like walking the length of a football field 280 times! I won’t mention that fact to the Team in Training coaches, they might actually make us do it.
  • Got my oil changed: Well I got my car’s oil changed. My oil is fine.
  • Met the boyfriend’s parents: Went out to dinner with Ethan and his parents and actually had a good time. I may have drunk and ate a bit too much, but I managed to not humiliate myself. Word through his family's grapevine is that I made a pretty good first impression. It can only go downhill from here.
  • Discovered that I kind of like the taste of wine: I never thought that would happen. Again, it can only go downhill from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home