Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

It’s All About Compromise

The only thing that got me out of bed today was the deal I made with myself.

Conscious Leana: Leana…Leana… it’s 6 a.m. time to go to the gym!”

Sleepy Leana: “But my bed is so warm and I’m so tired.”

Conscious Leana: But you need to go to the gym. Remember the bridesmaid’s dress?”

Sleepy Leana: “Fuck the dress; I’ll wear a sweater to cover my arms.

Conscious Leana: “Oh yeah, that will look real good. And a sweater in Iowa- in June- is always a good idea”

Sleepy Leana: “But at the gym I’ll have to sweat and not be in bed.”

Conscious Leana: “How about if you get up and go to the gym I’ll buy you a latte and chocolate chunk muffin from the Coffee Bean on the way to work?”

Sleepy Leana: “Did you say chocolate chunk muffin? Hmmm…let me rest my eyes and think about it.”

Conscious Leana: “No, this offer is only good for the next 30 seconds.”

Sleepy Leana: “Gawd you’re a bitch. No wonder nobody likes you.”

Conscious Leana: “People like me. Why did you say that?”

Sleepy Leana: “Oh nothing, never mind. I’ll get up.”

Conscious Leana: “Seriously, did you hear something?”

Sleepy Leana: “No, never mind, forget I said anything. You’re so sensitive and needy.”


Conscious Leana: “Oh yeah…well you have fat arms!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home