Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Monday, January 31, 2005

My birthday Wrap Up

I had a lovely birthday thanks for asking. It didn’t involve as much alcohol or police chases as in years’ past, but it was nice none the less.

As I wrote in a previous blog my friends took me out for dinner and karaoke Saturday night. There were about 10 of us crammed into a small room singing Walk Like an Egyptian and Queen of Hearts ‘til nearly 2 in the morning. Would could be better?

Sunday morning I managed to crawl out of bed by 11 a.m. I had to be at Aunt Linda’s by 1 pm for my special spaghetti dinner. I hung out with my aunt and cousins ‘til about 5. They are always a good time. I know way too much about them though. *shudder*

The only let down to my birthday was my dad forgetting…AGAIN! This is the second time in three years he’s forgotten my birthday. The only upside is the extra special guilt gift I’ll get when he realizes he forgot his only daughter’s birthday. All I can say is the cat’s in the cradle if you know what I mean!!!!

A few more highlights from my b-day:

  • My gift certificate from Hugh to E-bags. Yet another outlet for my purse addiction, thank you very much.


  • My mom calling me every day last week to make sure she didn’t miss my b-day, and singing Happy Birthday 15 times.


  • A lovely, heartfelt e-mail from my Aunt Carol that made me bawl like a baby.


  • The half-dozen balloons from my friend Lisa that impaired my driving all the way home.


  • Birthday wishes from the guy who books me at Martini Blues. How come he remembers and not my father? Did I mention that the cat’s in the cradle???
  • 2 Comments:

    • At 2:05 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

      Queen of Hearts is the best karaoke song. I still need to learn the lyrics to Slim Shady though, the better to impress....

       
    • At 8:38 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

      What about the Target card? I worked really hard on that! (Hee! Just kidding.)

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home