Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Birthday Eve

Ohmygosh, I’m so excited. It’s one day ‘til my birthday. I’m actually surprised I haven’t been gushing about it on my blog, but I’ve been so busy that I haven’t had the time to devote to the pre-birthday show I usually put on. Plus I’ve been sick most of the week and haven’t felt much like par-taying.

Of course everyone at work knew about my birthday for the last month. I find it’s easier to lay it all on the table in advance, “yes, my birthday is coming up and I expect each of you to observe it.”

The marketing dept. surprised me with one of those scrumptious chocolate fudge brownies with ice cream from EJ Malloys. EJ’s is “the” place to go for birthday celebrations because they give the birthday boy, or girl in this case, a chocolate fudge brownie for free. We take everyone in the office there for their birthday, even if we don’t like them, just so we can get a spoonful of the brownie.

EJ’s was booked for Friday lunch so the dept. is going to take me out on Tuesday to celebrate. That’s fine, totally fine. So I get brownie again! My trainer would kill me if he read this.

Tonight some of my friends are taking me out to Curry House in Korea Town and then out for an evening of karaoke. They have these private rooms you can rent so you only have to worry about embarrassing yourself in front of your friends. Plus you don’t have to wait an hour to get up on stage to perform. It’s quite efficient. I plan on getting my Neil Diamond on, and if I can get my friend Hugh drunk enough, he’ll be singing me a medley of Cher songs by midnight.

And I hope to have photos to show for it all.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Yay! Karaoke and curry. Woo Hoo! Now, what songs to sing? I always have my "Black Velvet" back up but maybe something new...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home