Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

You Can Never Go Snow Again

So when I was younger, one of the toys I always wanted was the Snoopy Snow Cone machine. Even the fact that I had never been a fan of those sno cones they sold at Casey's General Store or slushy's at 7-11 didn't slow my obsession.

And I'm not quite sure why I never got one. It wasn't like wanting the Easy Bake Oven and my mom saying "I let you use the real stove, why do you need a box with a bulb on it to cook a brownie?" I rightly don't remember. I may have never mentioned to any adult that I wanted one. Like never telling anyone I wanted a hug. Awwww.


I did, however, mention it to the Future Mr. Leana Benson. So when we were killing time at Target yesterday we saw it on an end-cap and he picked it up for me. I squealed like a 9 year-old in front of a Hanna Montana poster at Ticket Master.


We got it home and I went straight to work. I pictured making us booth tall glasses of sno-cones using the freezer-full of ice cubes.


A couple things people should know about the Snoopy Sno Cone machine-

  1. It doesn't have any mechanical parts. It doesn't take batteries. You have to attach a plastic handle to a cheese-grater like metal cylinder inside the poorly constructed, plastic Snoopy dog house and use your own Scooby Power.
  2. 2) Turns out, ice doesn't like to be shaved off with a cheese-grater like metal cylinder. It took me about 20 minute to shave one ice cube. Of course it was simultaneously melting, so I ended up with a glass with a dollop of water in it.
  3. The 'flavoring' packet is just an envelope full of kool-aid. Instead of adding a gallon of water to a cup of sugar and adding the flavoring, you add the flavoring and sugar to 1/2 a cup of water to create a super-evil concentrate of sugary goodness.
Ethan took over trying to use brute strength to make the machine give me shaved ice. He got me about two teaspoons of shavings.

I ended up just adding the flavoring to a glass full of ice and a straw and called it a day.


I'm sure I would have been just as disappointed as a child.


I'm glad it only cost Ethan $10.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home