Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Whata you doin'?

I'm sitting at my computer, right before noon on Saturday. I'm trying to type quietly so as to not wake my sleeping fiancée on the sofa about a foot away from me. We've done more this morning than many will do all day. We've already had breakfast out and watched about 5 episodes of House Hunters and gotten a nap in. (A nap in which he is still partaking.)

I've got the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas running quietly in the background. I think that's how the movie was meant to be watched. It's such a fucked-up acid trip that watching it too closely might take any normal thinking person on a painful contact trip. Kind of like watching Val Kilmer in The Doors. I think I am still drunk from watching that movie in 1999.

This weekend is a three-day for me. It's the first President's Day I've gotten off in my entire professional career. Working for a Communist-run software company, they didn't like giving off any holidays unless they had to by the laws that those filthy American pigs shoved down their throats.

And even then they gave us the day off with contempt.

We don't have anything extraordinary planned for the weekend. But when I'm with Ethan, we don't have to do anything extraordinary. Just laying on the sofa watching House Hunters is fun. Especially watching naked. Zing.

I'm pretty sure that's what Lincoln and Washington would be doing this weekend if they were alive and living in Long Beach- especially the naked part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home