Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A whole lifetime ago

As I mentioned before, Friday was my last day at work. It was more than awesome. The word to describe what Friday was like has yet to be invented...It was that awesome.

The people at work that didn't know I was leaving kept coming up and asking me why I seemed so relaxed and happy.


The people that did know, kept looking at me with a mixture of envy, resentment and pride. Proud, I believe, that I had finally made the decision to move on.


And I'm really proud of myself too. I stayed way too long in a job that didn't make me happy. I finally decided that no amount of money is worth making myself miserable. I knew I'd be able to find something that I enjoyed and still be able to maintain the lifestyle of a diva.


I seriously felt like Red, towards the end of The Shawshank Redemption, as he traveled on the bus to meet up with Andy.

"I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain."

My new job doesn't start for two weeks, so I'm taking some well-needed, and if I don't say so myself, well-deserved time off to just relax. I haven't done that in about 7 years and I think- um, no, I know, I deserve it. I'm extremely excited for the start of my new journey- not just my job, but for the future I'm building.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Jodi said…

    Leavin the Fiche! Congratulations. Life is a million times better in every way since I left that urine-soaked hell hole.

    What are you doing next?

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats Leana! I know exactly what you mean. Enjoy your break.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Leana,
    Congratulations on leaving the 'Fiche! Sad to say it but that place is suffocating and smothering den of yes-men and oppression. We all stayed there longer than we should have. The one thing that the W's don't understand (or probably understand all too well) is that it's the people that makes the company run, not them. Good luck out there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home