Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Coming out of the haze

The last month has been extremely stressful for me Dear Blog. I'm just now-today- able to take a step back, exhale and look at what's occurred.

I'll have big news on Monday, but for now let me just share a few things I've been too preoccupied with drama to blog about:


1) Sometime during the last month my cell phone went from saying "Cingular" to "AT&T." I had promised myself never to give in to the evil empire, but it seems I have..unbeknownst
to me.

2) I saw comedian Brian Posehn walking his dog in Sherman Oaks....on a Saturday night. It was refreshing to know I wasn't the only stand up comedian not working that night.

3) I finally got Guitar Hero II. Now I don't have to go over to the Dark Side to play. Boyfriend was nice enough to give me his old PlayStation 2 so I could buy it. I'm already kicking all sorts of ass with it. I"m contemplating going back and buying the first one. Actually, I've been contemplating buying it for quite a while, but I'm waiting 'til I can find it on sale for $5. 'Cause that might actually happen.

4) I saw Mr. Johnny Rivers at Fashion Island in Newport Beach. NO, he wasn't shopping, he was performing. Take a look:

4 1/2) At that same Johnny Rivers concert I saw the two youngest security guards. This is an action shot of them stopping an old woman from standing in the aisle.

5) My comedy buddy Devin's bachelor party/roast is coming up next Friday. I'm really excited/nervous/freaked as I'm the roastmistress. I've never roasted in my life, let alone mastered it. I have to hope that my natural evil snarkiness will carry me through. Please come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home