Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturn Smack Down

I took the Saturn in for an oil change and to see why the thing is idling at 2,000 RPMs in park.

Turns out, they didn't find anything wrong with the car, but I found a few things wrong with Saturn.


First of all, NO donuts.
WTF? I dragged my ass out of bed to be at the dealership by 8:30 am-on a Saturday morning BTW- and they had no donuts. Part of the reason I bought the Saturn was for the commercials where the person goes to wait in air conditioned comfort, sip on a soda and EAT A DONUT.

Second, there was about 20 of us in the waiting room, and some ancient
Mexican woman decided it would be a great idea to catch up with all her long-lost relatives on the phone- very loudly. She could have at least gotten up and gone to the other side of the room. Not that it mattered, the only thing on TV was CNN. But it was great hearing about some guy named Hector and his rusted out tractor.

And finally, I was told my car was done at 10 and they were just going to wash it. Cut to an hour and a half later and I go up to the morbidly obese receptionist (I only point out her weight as another reason I'm shocked there were no donuts, unless of course she got to them all before they could be put out) and asked for my car. She's all "it's being washed." I was all "it's been an hour and a half, I could have washed the entire car with a moist
towelette. Bring me my Saturn!"

So I pay for the oil change, walk outside, the guy goes and gets my car and it's been washed and, not only that, it's perfectly dry and the guy who pulled it around was all "It's been sitting in the sun awhile so it's warm inside."
WTF? I was livid. How long would I have been sitting there before they bothered to tell me my freakin' car was ready.

Heads will roll. And I better get more than a chocolate glazed out of this deal.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "And I better get more than a chocolate glazed out of this deal."

    Oh, you will but you're not going to be happy with it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home