Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Friday, June 01, 2007

My Last Blog Post

This will be my last blog post...as a non-marathoner. Tomorrow morning I leave for San Diego and Sunday morning I will be participating in the San Diego Rock-n-Roll Marathon. I'm walking 26.2 freakin' miles!

I can't believe it's been four months since I first met with the group I would train with every Saturday morning and help to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society.


Four months later, 35 pounds lighter, with way more endurance and over $3,600 raised.....it's almost over. I'm mostly excited but partly terrified. I'm worried I won't be able to finish. I'm nervous that I won't be able to keep up the pace. I'm worried I'll puke my guts out.


But I have to believe that the training I've put in, the motivation I'll receive from my teammates this weekend and the well wishes and encouragement I've received from my friends, co-workers and family over the last few months will be enough to get me through the pain.


So the next time I post I'll be marathoner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home