Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Leana Seal of Approval


I like the new NBC show,
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. The premiere episode was on last night, and I bravely stayed up way past my bedtime to watch it. (What kind of person is up at 10 pm on a school night?)

The pilot set things up quickly and it was fun seeing what is probably a pretty good replication of the backstage of a live comedy television show. I mean, come on, it's totally SNL they're modeling it after. They even have a fat, unfunny, drugged up bastard in the cast that they should have just gone ahead and named Soratio Hanz.

Of course it's produced by Aaron Sorkin of West Wing fame. His rapid-fire dialog gets kind of grating at times, but it's clever so I get it. I don't know about "some" people. (Insert nose in the air here).

I fear for Tina Fey's new show,
30 Rock, just 'cause it's going to be compared to Studio 60. But it sounds like Fey's show is going to be a sitcom, less like a drama.

Per usual, I will keep my mind open. I have kept my dance card pretty empty with the new fall tv schedule, so I can certainly make room for Tina's show- even with Tracey Morgan in the cast.

PS: You suck Horatio Sanz!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home