Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Leana the Outbreak Monkey

Went to see HP4 last night (Harry Potter 4: The Goblet of Fire to those who aren’t hip to the lingo).

When I bought the tickets online my cousins were both cool to going to the 11 pm show at the IMAX theater in Santa Monica. The 8 o’clock had already been sold out (and this was three weeks out). Crazy. Apparently between then and last night my cousins aged 50 years and decided that it was just too late to go to the movies. When HP5 comes out we’re going to go to the Sunday Matinee and suck on hard candy and spend the whole movie pulling up our support hose. (just kidding ladies!)


Getting old sucks.


I was deathly ill. I’ve had this weird cold/flu thing all week that finally culminated Thursday night into a full frontal assault on my body. Friday morning I couldn’t even move. I slept about 13 hours, woke up and dragged my ass to the theater. I was not going to miss HP4. Plus I had bought the tickets so I had to be there to pick them up for the group.


So armed with a purse full of tissue and full of Tylenol Cold tablets I made it to the theater. I felt like Patrick Dempsey in Outbreak. Like every time I exhaled I was infecting another person in the theater. That made me feel a bit better.


The movie was awesome. They managed to condense a 1500 page book into 2 ½ hours. Not bad. Ralph Fiennes plays Voldemort. It looks like he was just reprising his role in Red Dragon. Creepy fucker. How does he get away with playing leading men/love interest? He’s so creepy.


And they totally set up the movie for another sequel. ;) I really need to get to reading the most recent book. Or maybe I’ll just take some more Tylenol and go to bed. Yeah, that’s what I’ll do.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    yeah, when I was driving home I realized I had been awake for 22 hours.
    Ugh
    I wasn't even good at all-nighters in my college days, before the support hose.
    I must say, Best HP movie yet!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home