Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Skatetown USA

I bought a pair of roller skates. Not blades, but the old-school, four-on-the-floor roller skates. They are black with purple wheels and I'm 30..............WEEEEEE!!!

I took them out for a test drive this morning before work. I did laps around the basketball court in the park that’s down the street from my house. I only fell once and it wasn't a full-on fall, it was more of a half split with me clutching the fence.

All-in-all it was a positive first step (or skate as the case may be) back into roller skating. I was a little worried at first though. As soon as I stood up on them I thought, "What the fuck am I doing??" But it all came back to me: All those childhood roller skating parties and doing figure eights on the concrete floor in Jessica Polich's basement. Of course now when/if I fall it will be a longer distance to the ground, it will take me longer to get up and I don't have my mom there to kiss any resulting ouchie and make it all better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home